[Zope] "ZopeTime" not defined error?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:29:34 +0100

Dave Lehman writes:
 > I'm having a problem with several DTML methods in my CMF site. When a
 > person is authenticated as "Member" (and not "manager") there is a problem
 > displaying some methods. But it only seems to happen if i've created a
 > "custom" version of that form (ie. taken the method from the "generic"
 > folder in portal_skins and made a version of it in my "custom" folder).
You already asked several times and, I fear, got no replies.

That's probably because nobody can explain what you see:

  ZopeTime is a method of the ApplicationObject (the root of the
  Zope object hierarchy). Objects acquire it through acquisition.

  There is no reason whatsoever that "ZopeTime" reaches your
  method when it is in "generic" but not when it is in "custom".

I tried to reproduce your problem:

  I customized "generic/standard_html_header" and added an
  additional "ZopeTime" reference.

  Guess, no problem at all (at least not in Zope -- I discovered
  a bug in "konqueror").

Dieter