[Zope] Re: RE: CMF Newbie Presentation and Viewlet Info

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:22:59 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Stephan Goeldi wrote:

> >And me prevents this funny technology from viewing the application =
because
> >I do not want to download any binary plugin.
>
> I thought that it does not need any plugin because it depents on a =
Java
> applet. When a java applet is a plugin for you ...
You have seen it yourself as you wrote in another mail.  Some other
browsers has trouble with it.

> >You will say: Just do not use such stupid browsers.
>
> I will never say something like this, especially because I am trying =
to be a
Well, perhaps I was a little bit rude when I read The posting of
Allen J. Schmidt who obviousely loved your technique much more than I
feeled apropriate for a thing I never hear about before (sorry for
my ignorance) and which would not work with my browser.

> usability designer. Usability design is done for humans and not for
> browsers. When the Viewlet approach sucks for a lot of people, then I =
have
> to look for another solution.
I clearly see your problem, sorry if I was to harsh.

> But you won't tell me that e.g. flash would be a solution, would you?
For sure not!  Sorry I have no imagination of your work and I can not
tell whether it can go with plain html or if it really needs any =
technique.  Just take my mail as a hint:  There are people out there =
which
can=B4t run your presentation.

Kind regards

       Andreas.