[Zope] IMAP/SMTP web interfaces for Zope

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:57:06 -0500

I went thru this very thing... :(

Worldpilot is a pile of doo-doo - forget it.

ZopeGUD seems to be suffering from bloat - a big design with not the
resources.  It could be simplified and finished, that hasn't happened.
But... it does WORK.  You need to get it from the CVS version, that's your
only hope.  Not too hard... but you need to install several other products
for it to work correctly... unfortunately they aren't documented, you have
to look at the errors in your log and/or the sources to figure it out.  One
of them is a spell checker product from somewhere... and ZopeGUD has many
products inside it, including ThreadSafeCounter and 007 (dunno what that one
does...)  but if you install everything it does actually work!  Unlike
worldpilot, which is inscrutable and unsupported.

The only alternative that I thought was viable was bobomail, which is python
but not Zope - looked like it could be adapted...

Good luck!