[Zope] Assigning One dtml-var to Another

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:15:25 +0000

Paul Zwarts wrote:

> What I want to know is what or why is there such a big difference
> between dtml and straight python?

For logic, python scripts are cleaner, more powerful and much much easier to
maintain than DTML.

> I've built some pretty complex and large sites in Zope, mind you 100% in
> dtml. I know it can be done in python, but when you are comfortable with
> something, go with it....

Just imagine getting rid of all the crap around the "" in your DTML tags. The
stuff inside the "" is just python anyway, so you'll probably find you're quite
a good python programmer by now anyway ;-)

cheers,

Chris