[Zope] copy object in python script

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:28:39 +0100

Lee Harr writes:
 > How do I copy and/or move an object from a python script?
 >
 > I search in the Help! files for "manage_cutObjects" but do not
 > see anything. Nothing on zope.org or the archives either.
Documentation for Zope improved considerably but is still
far from good....

You can use:

    objSpec= <SourceObjectManager>.manage_cutObjects([<id1>,<id2>,...])
    <DestObjectManager>.manage_pasteObjects(objSpec)

to move(!) objects. You need to use "manage_copyObjects", when
you want to copy them....

Note, that the user must have appropriate rights to use
"manage_pasteObjects". In the past, this method did not
honor proxy roles (may be fixed in very new Zope version).

 > On a (somewhat) related note:
 > Where do the help files live?
 > I have been upgrading by copying over my Data.fs each time... am I
 > missing out on the latest and greatest help files, or are those
 > not stored in the Data.fs?
They live in the file system. Search for "*.stx".

I fear, they have not been improved for a while...

Dieter