[Zope] Zope Server Crashes

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 09:01:48 -0800

2 quick suggestions for some detective work:

- watch your memory profile for Zope; determine if this is a problem (i.e. a
leak in an app or Catalog, etc, use a tool like top)
- enable "big M" logging... you can search the list archives for more
info...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Jacobs [mailto:Michelle.Jacobs@ftech.net]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 8:01 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope Server Crashes

Hi,

We've been running Zope on Linux since March 2001 and we've been quite
pleased - even put our company web site on Zope. However, over the past
few weeks we've experienced more and more frequent server crashes until
finally, out of desperation, we upgraded from 2.3.2 to 2.4.2. The
upgrade seemed to solve the problem temporarily, but we've been
experiencing more and more crashes over the last few days. We've now
installed a script which checks for failed requests and restarts Zope in
the event of a crash, but the problem is only becoming worse. Server
logs show only gaps and not much in the way of useful information while
the server was down.

Anyone out there have experience of this sort of thing with Zope or can
offer any suggestions?

Very Gratefully Yours,
Michelle Jacobs

--
Michelle Jacobs - Development Manager - Frontier Internet Services
Limited