[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME - where are my Products???

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:33:08 -0500

I've just switched to using an $INSTANCE_HOME, following the HOWTO at
Two problems:

1) The HOWTO needs to be updated for Zope 2.4.x - you can't use PYTHONHOME as
an environment variable anymore, Python reserves that for its own purposes.
No big deal, I just call it ZHOME instead.

2) I moved my Products from lib/python/Products to
$INSTANCE_HOME/Products.  Now when I start Zope, all my products show
up in the Products management page and appear to be OK, but all
existing instances are broken, and my Products don't show up in the
"Select type to add..." list.  Log shows nothing unusual until I visit
a directory containing one of these products, then I get this:

2001-11-05T20:24:49 PROBLEM(100) ZODB Could not import class 'ZopeHolCategories'
 from module 'Products.ZopeHolCategories.ZopeHolCategories'
------
2001-11-05T20:24:49 PROBLEM(100) ZODB Could not import class 'ZopeCalOrder' from
 module 'Products.ZopeCalOrder.ZopeCalOrder'

But everything's there ... for example:

$ cd $INSTANCE_HOME/Products
$ ls ZopeCalOrder/
cal_icon.png  __init__.py  refresh.txt          ZopeCalOrder.py
index.zpt          README.txt   ZopeCalOrderAdd.zpt

I'm running Zope 2.4.2, python 2.1.1 on linux.

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com