[Zope] Those Eternal Zope Errors that noone seem to know how to avoid - Why do they happen?

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:57:17 -0500

> Re: asyncore problems, these are old problems (did a searchon the web), no
> solution so far...

I'm not sure that these particular asyncore.py errors
are the same ones we've had in the past, but when we
had "issues" with asycore.py a few months ago, we were
able to track it down to poor signal handling in
that particular python module.  Older versions of
Zope used their own asyncore, which had a loop
on select.select, catching EINTR (a perfectly normal
signal raised by the operating system under normal conditions).
You may notice in your asyncore, that we just call
select.select (line 86).  I understand that this
is just poor planning by the authors.

I'm using a "fixed" asyncore.py, (one that catches EINTR and
retries the select, and haven't gotten any errors
since I started using it.

HTH
Ziniti