[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Oliver Erlewein oerlewein@gmx.de
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:42:13 +0100 (MET)

Hi

If I run top on my Solaris PC where my Zope server is running I see the
line:

 PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
 xxxx yyyy         8    48   0      25M    24M sleep   0:18  3.05% python

There are 8 threads running. Maxthreads are 13 (-t 13). When I start a
concurrent access to Zope from two browsers a new thread is started. The thing
that I'm wondering about is, that the number of threads go up but they're never
closed again. Is that normal?

Oliver

http://www.gmx.net