[Zope] Re: Zope crash - Informations

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:23:36 +0100

Jean Pierre Litsas wrote:

> Hi Chis, Mark,
>
> I am having the same problem (almost, Freeze), zope is crashing or freezing
> and I have some informations:
>
> 1 - If I use two browsers (netscape 6.1) on the same time on the same client
> machine then Zope crash, if  only one browser is in use then no crash.
>
> 2 - I am using python 2.1.1 compiled with flag --wthout-pymalloc, dont
> solving the problem.
>
> 3 - I am using RedHat 7.2, Zope 2.4.2, Python 2.1.1
>
> 4 - If I use Netscape(6.1) and MS Explorer(5.0) on the same time and machine
> no crash at all.
>
> 5 - Zope crash without any error message.
>
> 6 - I am using only Zope on port 8080, No apache or others servers.

Sorry, I may be false, but

are you really sure that zope is hanging, not your client OS doing silly
things?

In another thread ("threading, dtml and performance?!", see archives) I
made the exact same observation and figured out that anyhow windows nt
seems to restrict connections per process(?).
See http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-October/102884.html
for a longer description what I observed, it sounds almost exactly
the same.

cheers,
oliver