[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:27:34 +0000

On 7/11/01 8:42 am, "Oliver Erlewein" <oerlewein@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> If I run top on my Solaris PC where my Zope server is running I see the
> line:
>
> PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
> xxxx yyyy         8    48   0      25M    24M sleep   0:18  3.05% python
>
> There are 8 threads running. Maxthreads are 13 (-t 13). When I start a
> concurrent access to Zope from two browsers a new thread is started. The thing
> that I'm wondering about is, that the number of threads go up but they're
> never
> closed again. Is that normal?
>
> Oliver

Oliver,
Does this mean you've got the threading issue fixed under Solaris? If so,
please tell...

I've been doing some stuff with bits of code from a Python2.2b1 release to
try and get this working - and no joy so far :(

Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140