[Zope] Zope + MySQL problem

Chris Gray cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:31:09 -0500 (EST)

I have a working Zope site that I want to move to a more powerful machine.
I've set up the new machine (Debian GNU/Linux).  I've moved Data.fs and
everything looks fine.  I've dumped the mysql database and reloaded it and
everything looks fine

except a query to the MySQL database that retrieves an integer record id
value now retrieves it with the suffixed 'L' for a python long
integer.  This 'L' goes into a URL and breaks the next step in the process
since Zope gives an error that '1727L' (or whatever) is not a proper
integer.

The code is basically the following inside a dtml-in loop on a database
query:
This used to render as:
and now renders as:

Why?