[Zope] Pulling excel charts into zope/HTML

Tim Hicks timNOT_THIS@sitefusion.co.uk
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:28:05 -0000

> From: "Meilicke, Scott" <scott.meilicke@intp.com>
> To: "'zope@zope.org'" <zope@zope.org>
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:53:32 -0800
> Subject: [Zope] Pulling excel charts into zope/HTML
>
> Is anyone pulling excel charts into zope?

I'm not pulling charts in as such, rather using the 'SaveAsHTML' function of
Excel to spit out an entire worksheet (or whatever they're called) as html.

> I'm *trying* to use com and zope on NT to export a chart into a gif and
drop
> it onto the file system with an external method.  From there I can use
> LocalFS or figure out a way to get it into the zodb for display.

I've got things setup so that MS Office is used as a com object from a zope
external method.  This method creates a temporary directory into which it
asks office to deposit the html and any images.  The contents of this
directory are then returned, at which point I use some dtml to do whatever I
want (which is add the files to the ZODB in this case).

Don't know if I've given you any great insight, but it works for me so...

rgds

tim