[Zope] Simple question: how do I pass a variable from one python script to another?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:46:46 +0100

Rob Foster writes:
 > How do I pass a variable from one python script to another?
Usually, your would pass it as a parameter...

 > I'm trying to pass a username from a form to a python script and then
 > another python script on redirect.
The HTTP 1.1 standard is very weak on this question.

But, usually, something like

  RESPONSE.redirect(REDIRECT_URL + '?%s=%s' % (url_quote_plus(param_name),
                                               url_quote_plus(param_value)))

will work.
I.e., you pass the parameter as part of the HTTP URI query string.

More info:

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Dieter