[Zope] object references in python (script)

Hans N. Beck HNBeck@t-online.de
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:04:48 +0100

Hi,

from this doing a blind trial:

doc=getattr(my_context, id)
doc.propertysheets.DokyTypePropertiesID.manage_changeProperties(my_conte
xt.R
EQUEST)

is the solution. uff ! But why works the Zope Book example
doc.manage_changeProperties(my_context.REQUEST)

?? Here there get my basic problem understanding zope
visible: understanding which objects contains which other an how to get
references to or accesing instances. For me as beginner it's not easy.
This is especially
true for the somewhat mystic (at beginning) Context and REQUEST objects.
Many Zope examples only say: "do this", but not "do this is why".

Greetings

Hans