[Zope] Caching on-the-fly resized photos (implemented)

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:18:33 +0100

Ron,

I downloaded V1.22 and installed it and did run upgrade one a site with some
1000 photos. Everything worked fine.

I found a small bug. In editSettingsForm.dtml you are using store
unconditionally. I do have photos without store (dont know why) that do not
like such a form.

Now for a totally differnt matter.

I need Photo translated into at least french and german.
As you know, Zope does not really hinder translation but that is about all
the help one gets in that realm.

I would suggest to add a primitive translation support to Photo. What I have
in mind is that every source file has a

from translate import translate
added.

translate in its simplest incarnation does nothing but return its input. In
Photo for every string meant to be seen in the user interface one would call
translate with that string.

Somebody who wants to have Photo translated would provide an appropriate
translate function.

I would happyly do this adaptation of your code. However we should find a
way how to have it merged into your code stream.

Robert