[Zope] Rendering Word .doc and PowerPoint .ppt as thumbnails

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:56:34 -0600

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 05:36:48PM -0500, Brian Sullivan wrote:

> Anybody have any idea how this can be done as a server function( either
> statically in conjunction with upload of the files or dynamically as
> server callable function)

I'm really short on details, but if it were a Windows machine as the
server, I think I'd do some sort of COM hackery to load the document
into Word/Powerpoint, print to a Postscript file, and then convert
that into a pdf, graphic, whatever.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu