[Zope] Can't add objects to Folder-like product

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:11:12 +0000

Jesper Holmberg wrote:

> > Is do_Steps called from Persing's __init__ method perhaps?
>
> Yes, that's right. I didn't know that was bad. And how would I solve this?
> I'd really like to add some Step elements when I create an instance of
> Parsing.

It's not your bad, it's just that for whatever reason, self in __init__ isn't
Acquisition wrapped, which sucks :-(

Anyway, I take it you have a manage_addParsing method somewhere that does
something like:

x = Parsing()

?

In that case, change your __init__ method so it starts something like:

def __init__(self,parent ...anything else you want here...):
  self = self.__of__(parent)

and, change could line that creates the Parsing object to:

x = Parsing(self,...whatever you had before...)

Good luck,

Chris