[Zope] Accessing postings outside the SquishDot instance

Pieter Claerhout pieter.claerhout@pandora.be
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:07:49 +0100

Hi all,

I'm having a little problem with SquishDot. I'm using SquishDot
on my site to maintain the news items. So, I'm having an instance
of SquishDot in the root of my Zope install, which I called "news".

All works fine, but now I'm trying to figure out how to access the
information from the SquishDot instance from for example my root
index_html file.

I want to get a list of all the headings, and who posted them so
that I can show them on the front page of my site.

I tried with:

<dtml-with news>

    <dtml-in item_list>

            <a name="<dtml-var id>"
             href="<dtml-var URL1 ><dtml-var thread_path>/<dtml-var id>/"
             ><b><dtml-var title></b></a>

            Posted by <a href="mailto:<dtml-var email>" ><dtml-var
author></A>
            on <dtml-var date_posted>

    </dtml-in>

</dtml-with>

but that didn't seem to work. I get a key error on item_list. What I
think happens it that a SquishDot instance doesn't understand the
dtml-with stuff.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Cheers,

Pieter