[Zope] sorry, repost of can't get MysqL working with zope, help me please

Jacob Singh jacob@prisonbooks.org
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:48:59 -0500

So here is what I have tried:

I installed the Python-MySQLDB mod, but was using an old version of
python, then I upgraded python and re-installed it.  then I banged my
head against the wall trying to figure out how to use my python
executable and not Zope's.  Finnally figured that out (basically
undocumented) So then ZMySQLdb showed up as functional but gave the
following message and restarted the server whenever I tried to use it:

WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module _mysql:

  This Python has API version 1010, module _mysql has version 1007.

I have no idea what this means, so I tried making a symlink between a
directory in my lib/python and lib/python2.1 directories to the
directory containing the Python-MySQLdb .so file and using the Zope
provided interpreter (to no avail).  It can't find the module.  I think
one of my problems may also lie in that I don't know how to uninstall
the old python, I didn't really upgrade, I just installed the new one
and overwrote the python executable, with the new one, I know this
probably wasn't too smooth, but this is a learning process.  NEway, any
help would be GREATLY appreciated.  And if any Zope Dev's are reading
this. PLEASE make MySQL and PostGRES connectivity standard with any Zope
installation.

Thank you

Jacob Singh