[Zope] ZClass instance with an other ZClass definition

Didier Georgieff Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr
12 Nov 2001 14:07:24 +0100

Hello,

I have 2 product and each contains a ObjectManager ZClass.

The second product is a generic Tab management (ZMultiTab)  I just made (and
will relase whan this bug is over) and it works fine when instanciate on root (i
can create an instance and call her. etc . No problem).

First product is Yihaw (folderish objects).

Now i want this second functionality incorporated in my first product to allow
several tab management (ala ZMI) in each folderish instance.

So i've put a ZMultiTab instance in my Yihaw ZClass definition.
I can go to the ZMultiTab view method (within the Yihaw definition)  and it works
fine.

Product 1 (Yihaw)
 |--- ZCLass1
       |--- ZClass2 instance A
Product 2 (ZMultiTab)
 |--- ZCLass2
Root
 |--- ZClass2 instance B (works fine)
 |--- ZClass1 instance (calling ZClass2 instance A fails)

So the problem is :

When i call or test or use this ZMultiTab object in a Yihaw instance

<dtml-with ztab>
 <dtml-var index_html>
</dtml-with>

It fails because it asks for login (even if i'm manager) and fails with an
Unauthorized in ZopeSecurityPolicy.py

        if accessedbase is containerbase:
            raise 'Unauthorized', (
                'You are not authorized to access <em>%s</em>.' \
                % cleanupName(name, value))

I suspect some misunderstanding from my side with how to call an ZClass2
instance (within a ZClass1 definition) from a ZClass1 instance.

Strange thing is i've already done that with a NFGnav instance without any
problem.

Any idea or tip will be more than welcome.
Thanks in advance.

--
Didier Georgieff
Chef de projet technique SIT du Bas-Rhin