[Zope] A Really Smart Form Chain

Harlow Pinson hpinson@indepthl.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:45:52 -0700

Hi Mike and Steve,

I'm probably missing some key step not mentioned in the
wizard_keys document.  Are there any examples of this in action,
i.e a form chain with more than three steps?

This method seems to collect all the form variable information in a
fowardly direction just fine, but as soon as you start going
backward more than a step, and then forward again, i.e.
resubmitting a form in the chain, the current field information get's
clobbered for the user, and they have to enter it again.  I've been
able to load the field info into the textarea value attributes as a
workaround, but this does not seem to work for form select
objects, and the form output turns into a lists of values which I then
have to strip, and is getting awfully complicated.

I'll take a look at the Marshalling example.  Thanks!

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com