[Zope] Indexing: ZopeSplitter and numbers

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:18:40 -0800

Hmm... I'm not sure this is a 'bug' inasmuch as it is an implementation
decision that deserves revisting.  With the minimal amount of work required
to tweak existing splitter code, it seems to me this (support for
single-character words, numbers) might be worth being the default, perhaps
in Zope 2.5?  Based on what I've seen, the change to isalnum() in the
splitter would only work in Zope 2.3.x, as it looks like something slightly
different is done to support numbers pre-pended with alpha characters in
Zope 2.4, though I imagine the change to support digit-only words should be
trivial?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Lennart Regebro [mailto:lennart@regebro.nu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 1:20 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Indexing: ZopeSplitter and numbers

From: <sean.upton@uniontrib.com>
> I think I'd have to jump on the bandwagon and agree that numbers should
not
> be stripped.  I'll second the idea of a fish-bowl proposal.

I view that as a bug that could be put into the collector. It seems to be a
question of changing isalpha() to isalphanum(), as somebody else here had
noted. Then add any other considerations about and modification to the
splitting process into the fishbowl process about fixing the pluggable
splitter interface and stuff.

Theres no need to have 10 different proposals about almost the same thing,
right?