[Zope] Installing Win32 extensions

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:18:11 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to install win32 extensions to 2.4.2. This seems like it should
be simple, but I haven't figured it out, nor found any documentation that
has worked (google search).

I have installed activestate python 2.1.1.  I modified the registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intranet\Parameters\St
art) to have zope use the activestate version of python, which I confirmed
from the zope control panel, but my external method that calls win32com
still errors with:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'win32com' is not defined

Here's the import stuff from my external method:

from win32com.client import constants,Dispatch
import pythoncom
import base64, os, whrandom, re, string
from time import *

Any thoughts?