[Zope] large file uploads and mod_proxy

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:56:07 -0600

hi.

I went to a friends house and uploaded a 20MB file to my ZOPE that is
fronted by Apache.
Everytime the file finishes it returns a 404 and for whatever reason is no
longer there.  In general I have found
that ZOPE and large files never really work very well across the internet,
but work fine if your on a local network.
Can anyone give it a try and see if I'm crazy?  I have no problems uploading
really large files straight through Medusa or through mod_proxy on a local
network (just checked).

Just uploaded another file 17.5MB into ZOPE fronted by mod_proxy over the
internet and it bombed:

Q: why cant I upload large files over the internet?  where is the
weakness -- I assume its in medusa somewhere?

I am running latest stable apache and Zope 2.4.2 on windows2000.

any ideas?

please help,
~runyaga