[Zope] Reset security?

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:04:18 -0500

On Thursday 15 November 2001 04:07 pm, Dave Lehman allegedly wrote:
> OK, here's a newbie question if there ever was one: I think I inadvertantly
> locked myself out of one of the folders of my website-- that is, I somehow
> don't seem to have the ability to view the ZMI management screens for a
> certain folder (and all subfolders) and more. I can get into the ZMI for
> all other folders, just this particular one has a problem.
>
> Is there any way to get myself ZMI rights for this folder again, or do I
> have to blow away the whole directory and recreate it?
>
> --dave

The best way is to create an emergency user which can be used to fix such
problems. Emergency users can access and modify anything, but cannot create
objects. To create an emergency user, you need to execute the following
command in your zope install directory:

python zpasswd.py -u emergencyusername -p password access

Substitute your own username and password of course.

hth,
  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org