[Zope] The Ghost of PTKDemo

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 08:56:52 +0100

From: "Tony McDonald" <tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk>
> I think I got round it by exporting my objects (ie methods, docs and
folders
> etc) individually from the top level (so not *that* many to do), creating
> new Data.fs from a Zope installation with all your products instatntiated,
> and then importing them again.

Yeah, that works. I got a similar problem yesterday when upgrading a site
from one version of our publisher system to another. We had moved one class
from one py-file to another py-file, which means Zope did not recognize it.
In data.fs it is coded a lot of in about a calls, included where it resides,
but in the zexp file it is not, so exporting from the old site and importing
into a clear data.fs will get rid of any incorrect class information.

A bit problematic though. An editor to change the location of a certain
meta_type would be nice. :-)

I also discovered that it is possible to have two classes with the same
meta_type as long as they don't reside in the same py-file. :-)