[Zope] Authentication problem / IE

belen@netcom.no belen@netcom.no
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:29:20 GMT

Hello ,

I have a problem regarding authentication and I do not know if
authorisation. Users working IE5.01 SP2 cannot access my site. To enter
it, I force them to login. When they do, their login and password is
not rejected, but if I display their role/s and user name on screen it
is
Role: ('Anonymous',)
Name: Anonymous User.

Some of the access of my site is granted by checking that their role is
not Anonymous, (tried also their user name is not 'Anonymous User'),
therefore they cannot access.

Surprisingly one of these users has Manager role. He still cannot
access those parts of the site...but he can access the management
screens of the site and access its content objects. Somehow zope
still "knows" that he is not anonymous. This problem does not occur
with IE 5.5 and IE 4.0. Has anyone have a clue of what happens. Could
someone please point me to the solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Belen