[Zope] Use ZEO + cron instead! (was Xron, ZScheduler)

emf mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:25:56 -0700

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com wrote:

> Does anyone have Xron or ZScheduler working with 2.4?  These apparently
> need to be patched to work with 2.4.  I tried some instructions that have
> been suggested (import DateTime fix, etc.) and they have gotten me close to
> having it work but it still doesn't work.  What would be most useful is to
> have someone send a patched working version of one of these that they might
> have on hand.  Note, I am not a Zope developer or Python guru, so anything
> less than very specific instructions are of limited assistance.

I find it very useful to use ZEO and then have standalone python
programs manipulate the ZODB.

Directions on getting and using ZEO:

http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO
http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/UseZeoZope

Once you have ZEO set up and running, it is possible to set up a script
that is executed by cron that does things with your ZODB:

http://imeme.net/wiki/ZEOUsage

Hope that helps,
--
ethan mindlace fremen  |  iMeme - The most full featured Zope Host
http://mindlace.net    |  Root, ZEO, MySQL, Mailman, Unlimited Domains