[Zope] Newbie Question : Problems with Automatic Cataloging o f ZClasses

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:12:24 -0800

Make sure that you set up the indexes and metadata entries in the Catalog
for the method and/or property names you would like indexed, or cached in
metadata columns, respectively; then, make sure your ZClass was first
inheriting from CatalogAware.  Also, make sure you are reindexing the object
upon object construction, and edit as well...  That should be it...

If this works, you should be able to access instance objects' entries in the
catalog with your query form via <dtml-in Catalog>, and you can use the
metadata column name in <dtml-var> inside the dtml-in for your search
summary content, or (slower) use Catalog.getObject() to get the referenced
object directly (i.e. <dtml-var "Catalog.getObject().id">)...

good luck...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Orietta Barbari [mailto:obarbari@ehive.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:52 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Newbie Question : Problems with Automatic Cataloging of
ZClasses

I wonder if someone could help me.  I have been trying to create
zclasses whose objects get automatically catalogued.  I have followed
the tutorial in the Zope Book (Chapter 9 - 'Automatic Cataloging'
section) and it all seems to work correctly. When I go and view the
entries in the catalog however, only the date gets registered in the
index, and date and absolute_url gets registered as metatypes - no other
properties appear to be registered.

I have tried other tutorials and HowTos but cannot seem to find an
effective way of updating a catalogue with all the objects properties.
Could someone give me a clue