[Zope] Urgent help needed: Zope falls over under moderate load

Michael Fraase mfraase@farces.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:40:25 -0600

I guess I'm confused. Everything that *could* be cached *was* cached.
And no, I don't run a caching server or a proxy server or anything else
in front of Zope. I'm a writer, not a programmer.

The /. piece hit about 1:00 AM. By 1:01 AM Zope had folded like a cheap
suit. It's still going down about every 40 minutes or so.

Now remember, my outbound bandwidth is limited to 512Kb.

Am I correct in my understanding that Zope can't handle even 512Kb of
demand without some technical doohickey in front of it so it doesn't
fall down?

No offense intended, but I think two internal Squishdot pages meet the
definition of pretty dang simple.

And why does it fall over anyway? This just doesn't make any sense to
me. I can see it getting slow and timing out, but giving up completely
and just bailing? What's that about? Explain it to me like I'm an
intelligent, non-technical friend. Thanks.

--
Michael Fraase
ARTS & FARCES LLC