[Zope] Help for Installation

Pieter Claerhout Pieter_Claerhout@CreoScitex.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:19:44 +0100

Hi Alfred,

there are a few things you might want to check.

First of all, check if the service itself is running. You can do this using
the services control panel (for Windows NT4), or you can use computer
management (Windows 2000). If it's not running, start it from there and try
again.

If it is running, check if you have two processes running in Task Manager,
one should be called python.exe and the other one should be
PythonService.exe. If one of them is missing, try to stop and start the
service or go on to the next step.

If all that doesn't give you any results, then stop the Zope service if it
was running, open a command prompt and navigate to your Zope directory.
There is a batch file in there called start.bat. Run that in the command
prompt you just opened, and look it says something like:

    D:\Zope_PieterWeb>start.bat

    D:\Zope_PieterWeb>"d:\Zope_PieterWeb\bin\python.exe"
"d:\Zope_PieterWeb\z2.py" -D
    ------
    2001-11-21T16:17:19 INFO(0) ZServer HTTP server started at Wed Nov 21
17:17:19 2001
            Hostname: PClaerho
            Port: 8080
    ------
    2001-11-21T16:17:19 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Wed Nov 21
17:17:19 2001
            Hostname: PClaerho
            Port: 8021
    ------
    2001-11-21T16:17:19 INFO(0) ZServer PCGI Server started at Wed Nov 21
17:17:19 2001
            Inet socket port: 8090

It should come up with no errors. If that is working fine, you can try again
to connect with your webbrowser. If that worked fine, kill the dos box and
try to start the service again. A lot of chance that it will work. I saw
this happening already a bunch of times on my machines that starting it
using the service didn't work first, but that after running it using the
batch script, starting the service worked just fine.

The reason I suggest to open a command prompt first, and run the script from
there, it that it at least stays open when an error occurs...

Good luck,

Pieter