[Zope] ZCatalog and Mac OS X

Jochen Haeberle joh-zope@midras.de
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:00:36 +0100

Hi,

after some time of absence from active  Zope, I just downloaded and
successfully installed Zope 2.4.3 on Mac OS X.

I am just playing around a bit to get up to date, but...

I can't get a ZCatalog to index anything. From the docs I found it works
like the (new) find tab. I can find objects with no problem, but nothing
gets into the catalog, whatever I do. Am I so dumb or is it a problem
someone else found on OS X 10.1.1???

My Setup:

Root:
Some DTML-Methods
a Photo-Folder with some Photos, I would like to catalog
a ZCatalog

I think for a start I should not need to change anything to the settings
of the ZCatalog. I go to the Find Objects Tab and select Photo as a type
(nothing changes when I try all objects) and start the find - with no
result.

Sorry, but I could not find any ocumentation concerning the present
version of ZCatalog to cover my problem, all the How-Tos cover older
versions...

Could anyone please give me a hint? Is there a place where bugs/hints
for Zope on OS X can be found?

Regards
Jochen