[Zope] Re: Line Wrap and the Zope Community?

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:07:22 +0100

Mike Renfro wrote:

> Now, some of the issues with structured text are being addressed
> (http://structuredtext.sourceforge.net/), but for our immediate
> crisis, who wants to come up with a solution that will:
>
> a) keep my code intact -- no extra line breaks, spaces, etc. unless I
> say so.  No removals, either. If I print out a snippet of Python code
> that's been mis-indented because someone wanted a narrower page, I'll
> be irked.
>
> b) not do horizontal scrolling on most/all monitors
>
> c) keep a readable font size on most/all monitors
>
> etc. Let's hear some viable solutions now.

Well, the solution would be to use IE's marquee tag or javascript +
dhtml to move the line *really* fast horizontally across the monitor.
Then hope that lorentz contraction will help you.
Well, you'll need approx. 1/2*c to get a noticable effect, and it might
no improve readility and will be resource intensive. ;-)

Seriously, this is impossible, you can just achieve two of the three
points you mentioned.

cheers,
oliver