[Zope] [ZClass constructor question]: How can I copy objects into my container class?

Simon Brogden sbrogden@ehive.co.uk
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:49:31 -0000

Hi All,

I'm (banging my head against the desk) writing to write a ZClass that
inherits from ObjectManager and can contain other objects (DTMLMethods &
Images). When an instance of the class is created I want to copy/create
a couple of default DTML methods inside the instance, so the user can
modify them.

Trouble is, the methods appear at the same nesting level as the class is
created at, not contained within it.

I'm putting the create/copy call inside the class constructor method:
<dtml-call "manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addDTMLMethod(....)>

I've trawled the how-to's & the example products (the "How to: Build a
searchable job board" is excellent BTW) to no avail.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?=20

Cheers,
Simon.