[Zope] AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'load'

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:23:44 +0000

Jean Jordaan wrote:

> I'm not using mounted storage,

Then you're problem is different :-(

> and get the error on various kinds
> created through the web. The only thing that I can think of which all
> of these have in common, is that they use ZPatterns.

That's where I'd ppoint the finger then...

> ChrisW concludes that the consequences are only aesthetic and
> ignorable, but in my case it does present the user with a Zope error,
> and oblige him/her to reload the page :(

I never experienced that, mine only showed up in the log files....

> In my case, I'm not doing any caching, so if it's happening, it
> must be within the Zope (or ZPatterns?) machinery.

ZPatterns caches, IIRC ;-)

> you and Steve Alexander seem to be on the right track: Persistent
> objects seem to be retaining invalid ZODB references, for some
> reason.

something like that... I'd ask SteveA on the ZPatterns list...

good luck,

Chris