[Zope] Looking for documentation

dieter@handshake.de dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:43:35 +0100

Barry Friedman writes:
 > There are a number of references to the "searchable-object interface s=
pecification."
 > Such as in Appendix B of the Zope Book.  Does this specification exist=
 anywhere?
Not that I know of, but the interface is quite trivial:

    _searchable_arguments(self)
		 returns a mapping with argument descriptions:

		 Its "keys()" returns the list of argument names
		 "[argname]" is a dictionary describing the
		    argument. It can have keys "default" and "type"
		    with obvious meaning

    _searchable_result_columns(self)
		 returns a sequence of result column descriptions

		 Each column description consists of a dictionary
		 with keys "name", "type", "width", "null".

    __call__(self,....):
		 executes the search.

		 Parameters in REQUEST or explicitely provided
		 as keyword parameters.

Viele Gr=FC=DFe
Dieter