[Zope] python service runs amok

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:10:50 +0100

Gordon,

I suggest using two tools:

1) Zopemanage_interface/Control_Panel/Debug
It could be that you have a bizarre loop in your coding (like I once
had)
Set the refresh to a few seconds at a time and hit the server. Wait
until this happens again and see what the debugger is returning back.

2) NTs performance monitor. It can be a great help if you set it right.
For instance, of quick updates,  you may see a memory spike beforethe
CPU hits the roof. This likely denotes improper use or inadequate
swapping on the box. In which case you need more virtual memory or more
real memory.

If you find some more data about whats going on around the resulting
affect, we can help you more.

Regards,
Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of
Gordon Holtslander
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 5:58 AM
To: Zope List (E-mail)
Subject: [Zope] python service runs amok

I'm running zope 2.4.2 on windows NT 4. The site only has one page and
almost no traffic. At random intervals the python process will suddenly
run
constantly, using up 100% of the CPU. This box is also running as a file
server for 6 church staff members, so when this happens it shuts them
down.
I have to stop the service and restart it to get it to behave.

Does anyone know why this happens or what I can do to make it quit?

Talk to you soon,

Gord

Gordon W. Holtslander
Director of Development &