[Zope] return another Zope object in a dtml-method

flynt flynt@gmx.ch
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:38:04 +0100

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Dear Zope world...
>
> I have a dtml-method which adds an object, which I then wish to
> display.
>
> I can display a link to my object with

> folder)
>
> but I would rather forgo the link and take the user straight to the
> object.  Sadly,
>
> <dtml-var objects/newObject>  doesn't seem to work -- I get an
> unresolvable object, which does exist.
>
> So what am I doing wrong ?
>
> AFT

Hi Andrew

Maybe you can initiate a new request _after_ adding your object. Does it
work, if you put at the _end_ of your method something like:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('objects/newObject)">

--- Flynt