[Zope] Multiple sites, shared content

Howard Hansen zope@halfmagic.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:09:25 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C17616.FD30B3B0

I'm setting up a series of sites for different states.  Some content is =
shared among the different states, other content will exist only in some =
states, other content will exist for all states. =20

Ideally, I'd like to have a single folder for all shared content, which =
would allow us to eliminate dual maintenance.  Each state will have its =
own domain and I'd like the shared content to appear to be local, and =
have the option of replacing the shared content with customized content =
for a state that has it.  Finally, it would be very nice to have search =
catalogs treat shared data as local.

I remember seeing code for inserting a location into the acquisition =
path.  Would that do the trick?  Would it still work if I had multiple =
levels in a folder structure?  Alternatively, can I create something =
like a symbolic link in Zope?

Thanks for any suggestions or comments!

Howard Hansen
http://howard.editthispage.com

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C17616.FD30B3B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm setting up a series of sites for different =
states.&nbsp;=20
Some content is shared among the different states, other content will =
exist only=20
in some states, other content will exist for all states.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ideally, I'd like to have a single folder for all =
shared=20
content, which would allow us to eliminate dual maintenance.&nbsp; Each =
state=20
will have its own domain and I'd like the shared content to appear to be =
local,=20
and have the option of replacing the shared content with customized =
content for=20
a state that has it.&nbsp; Finally, it would be very nice to have search =

catalogs treat shared data as local.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I remember seeing code for inserting a location into =
the=20
acquisition path.&nbsp; Would that do the trick?&nbsp; Would it still =
work if I=20
had multiple levels in a folder structure?&nbsp; Alternatively, can I =
create=20
something like a symbolic link in Zope?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for any suggestions or comments!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Howard Hansen<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://howard.editthispage.com">http://howard.editthispage.com</A=