[Zope] Problems viewing pdf's

Orietta Barbari obarbari@ehive.co.uk
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:02:38 -0000

Hi does anybody know if there are any problems with viewing pdfs on zope
?

>From the management interface, if I add/upload a file from my local
machine which is a .pdf, and give it the id of 'mypdf', the file uploads
perfectly.  The problem occurs when I come put a link in my site which
calls the pdf. (ie. <a href=3D"mypdf" target=3D"_blank">View mypdf</a>)  =

The problem is, when I select the link to view the pdf document in a
browser - sometimes it gets displayed and sometimes it doesn't.

If I can't view my pdf, I've found that going back to the management
interface and checking that the pdf is viewable there (clicking on the
'view' tab on the file) then makes it viewable in the browser too -
however this is not a universal solution.

I've checked that the Content Type property of mypdf =3D =
application/pdf,
and have followed the instructions in the following posting :
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd802
5687f0024bb5f/3e35f3fd59a9dd2a8025691a005c40eb?OpenDocument

but I'm afraid I'm still having no joy.  I'm sure I'm missing something
really obvious, could anyone point me in the right direction ?  Any help
would be much appreciated.

Zope version : 2.4.1 on windows 2k
Browser version : IE 5.5

Ori