[Zope] rename via FTP

Arian de Wit a.dewit@niwa.cri.nz
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:00:48 +1300

Hi All,

Maybe I'm thick (fairly likely), but I'm trying to give a user access to
renaming images via an FTP connection. I have given them a role
with what I thought were reasonable permissions, but the rename
keeps failing:

> RNFR TUI7.GIF
< 350 RNFR command successful.
> RNTO TUI7.GIF9
< 550 error renaming file.

I then gave the role *all* permissions on the folder's "Security" tab,
and still no good. I finally gave the user the "Manager" role instead,
and it works fine. What's up with that?

FYI, I'm using Zope 2.4.3 on Win2K SP2.

Any insight would be much appreciated, even if it confirms that I
am indeed thick.

Thanks a lot,

Arian

Arian de Wit
Information Systems Integration Manager
NIWA (National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research)
Gate 10 Silverdale Road, Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand 2001
Phone (+64) 7-856 1769
Fax (+64) 7-856 0151
Web http://www.niwa.co.nz