[Zope] Re: Checking if cookies enabled

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:56:49 +0300

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:38:43PM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> Something about cookies in general:  I'm bothered by cookies and so
> I made my cookies file a symbolic link to /dev/null.  This works perfectly
> with Zope but you can't relay on reading out cookies for sure.
> By the way, several sites which claim to require cookies work with
> this settings and I do not have to clean up regularly my cookies file :).

   The better solution is to use a filtering proxy. (I cannot get rid of
cookies completely, as I often login to sites, such as web-based email,
etc.) With a filtering proxy you can control black and white lists to your
preferences.
   BTW, Mozilla browser maintains lists of sites to disallow cookies and
images. Simple and easy, but powerful protection.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru