FW: [Zope] using webdav +windows explorer+ zope

Chris Cothrun chris@cothrun.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:10:55 -0800

Hi,

I have had possibly similar problems. I had Explorer's WebFolders set up to connect to a Zope
server and deleted it, I think I was going to run through the connection procedure again to
document it for someone. Suddenly it quit working. Did the usual - reboot the windows machine,
even restart the Zope server on the other computer. Tried connecting with a Java WebDAV client
and could connect fine. Tried connecting with Dreamweaver's Zope support and had no problem.
Try connecting with Windows WebFolders and the folder is not valid. The other web folder
connections (including to Zope) on this machine work fine. Other computers that use WebFolders
to connect to that Zope instance work fine.

That all leads me to believe it is a problem with Window's web folders (granted, it is easy to blame
Windows). I tried digging through the registry but had no luck there.

So anyway, all that to say that your problems may be windows and may not have an easy solution.

Chris