[Zope] ZServer -> Apache/mod_proxy -> mod_gzip: Possible???

Paul Horbal horbal@atips.ca
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:53:12 -0700

Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low but I can't find any documentation for setting
up mod_gzip to work with a Zope server (ZServer) being served through
Apache's mod_proxy with the ProxyPass directives.

Is this possible at the moment?  Is there maybe a Zope product that handles
gzipping served pages?  This seems like a really good idea...

I have mod_gzip working with Apache - other VirtualHosts on the same
machine that aren't proxied serve gzipped pages - but apparently mod_proxy
and mod_gzip don't like to play in the same sandbox.  Other people have
reported success using mod_rewrite instead...  Is there some sort of
performance hit you sustain in this case?  If not, how do you set that up?  =)

thanks,
Paul.

--
Paul Horbal - ATIPS Web Manager