[Zope] Getting email fields right

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:29:21 -0800

Thanks ... except, it doesn't actually work. I installed it and
tried it, and it sends email but the From and To fields are not
filled out properly.

Using smtplib does work, however.

On 11/28/01 at 1:13 PM flynt wrote:

>Bruce Eckel wrote:
>>
>> I'm using the MailHost to send email from within an external
>> method. I've tried a number of different combinations, including
>> something as elaborate as this:
>>
>> self.MailHost.send("This is a test", # Body
>>     "To: Bruce Eckel <Bruce@EckelObjects.com>",
>>     "From: Bruce Eckel <Bruce@EckelObjects.com>",
>>      "Test Email") # Subject
>>
>> However, I can't seem to get the "to" and "from" fields to show
up
>> right in the resulting email. All I end up with is a 'to' field
of
>> Bruce@EckelObjects.com
>> and an empty 'from' field.
>>
>> I suspect others have done this before and solved the problem.
Or
>> will want to :-)
>
>Hi Bruce
>
>With the help of Lundh's *Python Standard Library* I got to the
>following. This is in the external method:
>
>import string
>def testmail(self):
>        message = "This is a test"
>        mto = "Bruce@EckelObjects.com"
>        mfrom = "Bruce@EckelObjects.com"
>        subject = "Test Email"
>        encode = None
>
>        body = string.join((
>                "From: %s" % mfrom,
>                "To: %s" % mto,
>                "Subject: %s" % subject,
>                "",
>                message), "\r\n")
>
>        self.MailHost.send(body, [mto], mfrom, subject, encode)
>

>Greetings
>
>--- Flynt

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar