[Zope] Question about Ram Cache

Chris Kratz chris.kratz@vistashare.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:04:24 -0500

Hello All,

Recently, we have been doing a lot more caching of various parts of our
website.  We have noticed two times over the last week that after a restart
and a long period of relative inactivity (overnight) that one of the pages
has gotten corrupted.  Invalidating the page in the ram cache and forcing it
to reload takes care of the problem.  The first time the HTML was corrupted
(parts were missing) and in the second case, none of the images (which are
also cached) would show even though those same images on other areas of the
website displayed correctly.

The page is quite simple and includes only static text with a header and
footer that is generated with a date and the generation time for the page.
The only REQUEST variable is AUTHENTICATED_USER which means that all
anonymous views get the same cached page.  Here are the other settings we
are using:

Threshold entries: 1000
Max Age: 3600
Cleanup interval: 300

Also, there are no Names from the DTML namespace currently being used as
cache keys on the page in question.

Since this is such a basic application of the Ram Cache, I am a little
surprised that we would be seeing this type of behavior.  Anyone have any
ideas why this might be happening?

RH 7.2, Zope 2.4.1, Python 2.1.1

Thanks,

-Chris