[Zope] Getting a Handle to a ZODB object to store in another object

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:54:03 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:

> What about ob.getPhysicalPath()?  This is unique for every placeful Zope
> object.  You can then resolve it back out to an object via
> restrictedTraverse.

I find those paths to be just as "fluffy" as absolute_url().  For
example, I have the following structure:

SRS11/Users/rejpz/20010115A/Sample1

Users is a folder.  "rejpz" and "20010115A" are Product classes I
am writing which inherit from ObjectManager.  "Sample1" inherits
from SimpleItem.Item.

But Sample1.getPhysicalPath returns

(", 'SRS11', 'Users', 'Users', 'Users', 'Sample1')

Am I missing something, or is that "fluffy"?