[Zope] How big a site can Zope handle?

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:27:58 -0800

> I need to know that it will be able to handle the amount of users and hits
> that this site will have to deal with. About 275,000 users to have
accounts
> and about 150,000 hits a day (at the moment but set to grow quickly).

Easily. You might want to look at alternative user folder like exUserFolder
to handle that many users. Things like ZEO and the all powerful RAM Cache
Zope can easily handle that load
on a commodity box. Once it gets really huge you'll want to start
looking at things like Squid and other Cachers.

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.