[Zope] accessing REMOTE_ADDR

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:36:07 +1000

+-------[ Fritz Mesedilla ]----------------------
| In our need for the IP address of the visitor, we want to know if the error
| we received was produced by our own testing or by a valid visitor.
|
| By the way, we only hope to get a visitor's IP address when that visitor
| encounters an error and zope automatically emails our support team.

Probably easier to write a little bit of javascript to get what you need
directly from the browser, use that on the error page, or set it in a cookie.

Make sure your testers enable javascript and/or cookies, and you'll always
know if it's a tester. Anyone with js/cookies off is obviously a visitor :-)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |